(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;Well, by hook or by crook, the government continues to wedge itself into positions of increasing authority, making further inroads into our Constitution. [ Earlier this year, the State of New Jersey passed into law a bill mandating vaccinations for all children, desite the fact that it runs contrary to the tenets of our Constitution, which, along with our Declaration of Independence, states otherwise]. In fact, to be perfectly clear here: The Constitution does NOT CONFER rights upon us. Rather, it affirms the Declaration of Independence's assertion that
(2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
(3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
(4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
(5) to require a health care facility to provide services or the use of its facility, or to transfer the management and supervision of the health care facility to the department or to a local public health authority;
(6) to control ingress to and egress from any stricken or threatened public area, and the movement of persons and materials within the area;
(7) to adopt and enforce measures to provide for the safe disposal of infectious waste and human remains, provided that religious, cultural, family, and individual beliefs of the deceased person shall be followed to the extent possible when disposing of human remains, whenever that may be done without endangering the public health;
(8) to procure, take immediate possession from any source, store, or distribute any anti-toxins, serums, vaccines, immunizing agents, antibiotics, and other pharmaceutical agents or medical supplies located within the commonwealth as may be necessary to respond to the emergency;
(9) to require in-state health care providers to assist in the performance of vaccination, treatment, examination, or testing of any individual as a condition of licensure, authorization, or the ability to continue to function as a health care provider in the commonwealth
Any person who knowingly violates an order of the commissioner or his or her designee, or of a local public health authority or its designee, given to effectuate the purposes of this subsection shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or by a fine of note more than one thousand dollars, or both.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."Again: there ARE 'certain inalienable rights' which we hold automatically, as human beings, and which cannot be taken, by the government or anyone else, because they cannot be 'given.' We ALREADY HAVE them. Or did, until this bunch of clowns forced their way into our government.
However, the brouhaha about the latest round of flu appears to be at best a conundrum and at worst, a smokescreen for something far worse. It seems that another one of the patterns [so many patterns, so little time!] that has emerged in the last 100 Days is the Smoke and Mirrors ploy, in which a maddening, albeit lesser event such as AIG executives' bonuses [or a flu outbreak] consistently floods the airwaves, only to cover up something else, far more nefarious, that is actually transpiring behind the scenes, for the most part safely unreported. Take, for example, the Bailouts, which 99% of the American people opposed, or the Goldman Sachs/AIG ruse. Media had the public all worked up over AIG bonus packages, which, while significant by most middle class standards, was a mere drop in the bucket compared to the bazillions being shoveled out their back door into their own executives' pockets and foreign owned subsidiaries. [For more on that, go here or to our Constitutional Radio archives for Mike Morgan's Aprl 21 spot with us].
Yesterday I had occasion to be in a room with about 10 people, all of us held captive by CNN bleating constant flu coverage from a shelf too high up on the wall to mute. Not ONE of us was paying even the slightest bit of attention. After about 45 minutes, someone said, "I don't believe anything I hear on the news." Another said, "I never watch it." All concurred. Then in walked three people who appeared to be Mexicans. [no, I am not a racist; there is a large Mexican community here]. No one moved away from them, held their breath or pulled out their hand sanitizer. Interestingly, however, a source recently told me that Baxter [you remember Baxter--they reported that clusterfrack in March where they "accidentally" contaminated "samples" with live bird flu virus] has been stockpiling huge amounts of flu vaccine, amassing store rooms full of it. The source said claims he has never seen anything like in Baxter before. Now, admittedly, this is purely anecdotal and, as this piece is not really about Baxter or the flu, I am leaving it at that: a FWIW that may or may not fit into the puzzle. Then again...walking and talking like a duck may very well indicate the presence of one. However, as with most things, one must sift events not individually, but through the aggregate to get a feel for reality. In other flu news, for instance,
As the World Health Organization raised infectious disease alert level Wednesday and health officials confirmed the first death linked to swine flu inside U.S. borders, scientists studying the virus are coming to the consensus that this hybrid strain of influenza -- at least in its current form -- isn't shaping up to be as fatal as the strains that caused some previous pandemics. In fact, the current outbreak of the H1N1 virus, which emerged in San Diego and southern Mexico late last month, may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare. http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,3606923.story
So...just what is one to believe? It was clear from the huge turnouts at April Tea Parties this month that the American people are indeed "Mad As Hell and NOT Going To Take It Anymore." As much as main stream media tried to ignore them, it became impossible to do it, and so, Plan B was rolled out with personal attacks on the attendees designed to neutralize and dismiss them as "veterans" [heaven forbid!], right wing crackpots and domestic terrorists [projection?], which culminated in MSNBC and CNN being reported to the FCC for using foul and inappropriate language regarding tea, rude, pushy and obviously biasedCNN reporter Susan Roesgen suddenly disappearing for a "vacation" and the American people triumphing in their effort to take to the streets to make their voices heard. So much for Plan B. Is it possible that Plan C includes a ruse to scare them off the streets over the long, hot summer ahead with threat of the flu? Certainly. Any administration that would even CONSIDER terrorizing its own citizens with a flyover above lower Manhattan in post-911 times is not only ghoulish, but capable, obviously, of trying anything to achieve their goal, which at present appears to be that of scaring, demoralizing and immobilizing Americans in order to keep them quiet, malleable and easy to subdue. As the domestic terrorist in the White House continues to shock, awe and amaze with the worst combination of cavalier bad taste, poor judgment and bait and switch tactics the world has ever seen, we stand at the ready to decipher the WRH's, the WORMS, and the battle of words, all the better to defend ourselves and our country against the onslaught from within and without.
Happy Trails, all. Oh, and wash your hands, willya? Oh Yeah, and 911? Get over it. It was just a photo op, and NO we don't have Photoshop.